About The Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles
The Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles is a non-profit academic organization established to make professional contributions to the progress of scholarly research and development of related industries. The KSCT strives to take an active role in improving the wellbeing of human kind as well as to provide opportunities for individual members to further their professional and academic potential by establishing and vitalizing the networks among the academic and industrial members. The goals of the KSCT are as follows:
- Development of the academic field of clothing and textiles by holding diverse academic programs.
- Dissemination of academic research to the public.
- Establishment as a hub for collaborative networks among academic and industrial organizations.
- Globalization of the activities of the KSCT.
- Networking between related academic organizations.
- Leadership in providing a database for the knowledge and information in the clothing and textile field.
All articles published by the Fashion and Textiles are made freely and permanently accessible online immediately upon publication, without subscription charges or registration barriers. Further information about open access can be found here.
As authors of articles published in the Fashion and Textiles you are the copyright holders of your article and have granted to any third party, in advance and in perpetuity, the right to use, reproduce or disseminate your article, according to the SpringerOpen copyright and license agreement.
For those of you who are US government employees or are prevented from being copyright holders for similar reasons, SpringerOpen can accommodate non-standard copyright lines. Please contact us if further information is needed.
Open access publishing is not without costs. Fashion and Textiles therefore levies an article-processing charge of £905.00/$1420.00/€1155.00 for each article accepted for publication, plus VAT or local taxes where applicable.
If the corresponding author's institution participates in our open access membership program, some or all of the publication cost may be covered (more details available on the membership page). We routinely waive charges for authors from low-income countries. For other countries, article-processing charge waivers or discounts are granted on a case-by-case basis to authors with insufficient funds. Authors can request a waiver or discount during the submission process. For further details, see our article-processing charge page.
SpringerOpen provides a free open access funding support service to help authors discover and apply for article processing charge funding. Visit our OA funding and policy support page to view our list of research funders and institutions that provide funding for APCs, and to learn more about our email support service.
The Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles (KSCT) has funds to cover the full APC for a limited number of articles. If you would like to be considered for coverage by the Society, please contact email@example.com before submission.
All articles published in Fashion and Textiles are included in:
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SCIE)
- Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI)
- CSA MAterials Research Database with METADEX
- CSA Technology Research Database
- EBSCO TOC Premier
- Summon by Proquest
The full text of all articles is deposited in digital archives around the world to guarantee long-term digital preservation. You can also access all articles published by SpringerOpen on SpringerLink. We are working closely with relevant indexing services including PubMed Central and Web of Science (Clarivate Analytics) to ensure that articles published in Fashion and Textiles will be available in their databases when appropriate.
Citing articles in Fashion and Textiles
Articles in Fashion and Textiles should be cited in the same way as articles in a traditional journal. Because articles are not printed, they do not have page numbers; instead, they are given a unique article number.
Article citations follow this format:
Authors: Title. Fash Text [year], [volume number]:[article number].
e.g. Roberts LD, Hassall DG, Winegar DA, Haselden JN, Nicholls AW, Griffin JL: Increased hepatic oxidative metabolism distinguishes the action of Peroxisome Proliferator-Activated Receptor delta from Peroxisome Proliferator-Activated Receptor gamma in the Ob/Ob mouse. Fash Text 2009, 1:115.
1:115 refers to article 115 from Volume 1 of the journal.
All manuscripts submitted to Fashion and Textiles should adhere to SpringerOpen's editorial policies.
Once your article is accepted, it will be processed by production and published shortly afterwards. In some cases, articles may be held for a short period of time prior to publication. If you have any concerns or particular requirements please contact the Journal.
Springer Nature remains neutral with regard to jurisdictional claims in published maps and institutional affiliations.
Research Ethics Committee
Role and Composition
- The Research Ethics Committee (the Committee) is responsible for verifying the compliance of society members and institutions with research ethics based on a review and examination of research ethics.
- The Committee is to accomplish its mission declared by adhering to independent and fair standards, despite any affiliation to the KSCT (Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles).
- The Committee is composed of up to 10 committee members including the chairperson, members of the KSCT and outside specialists.
- The Committee is to be convened by the chairperson at the request of the president or when the chairperson recognizes the necessity for convocation.
- Members who are involved in or have a close connection with a study that is the subject of the committee's call are not allowed to participate.
- The Committee members are to keep all matters related to the committee convocation (as well as cases taken into deliberation) as confidential.
Investigation and Deliberation of the Research Ethics Committee
- The chairperson is authorized to request research ethics violators or related persons to officially report or formally submit personal information and case-related materials (if necessary) for investigation.
- The Committee is authorized to collect specific evidence in the presence (or in writing) of informers or witnesses for investigation.
- The examinee who is subject to the research ethics violations should cooperate with investigations conducted by the Committee. Failure to cooperate in the investigation can be regarded as a violation of research ethics.
- The Committee respects the opinions of the examinee's vocations, investigations and counterarguments against the results of deliberations, and confirms the case of violations based on objective facts and evidence.
- The Committee is established by holding a majority of the members present and voted in favor of two-thirds of the present members of the Committee.
- The result of the decision on the violation of the research ethics will be notified to the KSCT immediately, and the appropriate disciplinary procedures in accordance with the level of the research ethics violations are to be declared.
Regarding matters not mentioned, refer to the International Standards for Editors and Authors.
Springer Nature also has an internal team formed by experts who are committed to help our society partners when there are any ethical issues with their journals.
Appeals and complaints
If you wish to appeal a rejection or make a complaint you should, in the first instance, contact the Editor who will provide details of the journal's complaints procedure.
Why publish your article in Fashion and Textiles?
Fashion and Textiles's open access policy allows maximum visibility of articles published in the journal as they are available to a wide, global audience.
Speed of publication
Fashion and Textiles offers a fast publication schedule whilst maintaining rigorous peer review; all articles must be submitted online, and peer review is managed fully electronically (articles are distributed in PDF form, which is automatically generated from the submitted files). Articles will be published with their final citation after acceptance, in both fully browsable web form, and as a formatted PDF; the article will then be available through Fashion and Textiles and SpringerOpen.
Online publication in Fashion and Textiles gives you the opportunity to publish large datasets, large numbers of color illustrations and moving pictures, to display data in a form that can be read directly by other software packages so as to allow readers to manipulate the data for themselves, and to create all relevant links (for example, to PubMed, to sequence and other databases, and to other articles).
Promotion and press coverage
Articles published in Fashion and Textiles are included in article alerts and regular email updates.
In addition, articles published in Fashion and Textiles may be promoted by press releases to the general or scientific press. These activities increase the exposure and number of accesses for articles published in Fashion and Textiles.
Authors of articles published in Fashion and Textiles retain the copyright of their articles and are free to reproduce and disseminate their work (for further details, see the copyright and license agreement).
For further information about the advantages of publishing in a journal from SpringerOpen, please click here.