Textiles and fashion play a pivotal role in maintaining human comfort, health and performance. This special collection is aiming at providing a centralized forum on the latest developments in the field of design, fabrication and application of advanced textiles and intelligent wearables for comfort and healthcare management. The cutting-edge technologies of novel functional materials, intelligent wearable systems, and creative fashion design have advanced the knowledge in personalized thermal, moisture, and wear comfort and health monitoring, evaluation, and treatment. The human-centered requirements including flexibility, lightweight, softness, conformability, biocompatibility, breathability, cost and energy effectiveness, and aesthetics are increasingly critical in those technologies, where innovation meets application.
Please give a short list of topics of interest:
- Advanced materials for thermal and moisture management
- Wearable technologies for personalized cooling and warming
- Adaptive and responsive fashion and textiles for comfort and healthcare
- Soft robotics and actuators for comfort and healthcare
- 3D printing technologies in comfort and healthcare
- Fashion design and products for enhanced comfort and healthcare
- Latest evaluation and testing technologies of comfort and healthcare
- Wearable technologies (e.g., sensing devices, virtual reality and augmented reality) for real-time health monitoring and treatment
- AI-based comfort and healthcare management
- Healthcare fashion and textiles for children, the elderly and the disabled
Before submitting your manuscript, please ensure you have carefully read the submission guidelines for Fashion and Textiles (https://fashionandtextiles.springeropen.com/submission-guidelines). The complete manuscript should be submitted through the Fashion and Textiles submission system (https://www.editorialmanager.com/ftex/default.aspx). To ensure that you submit to the correct thematic series please select the appropriate thematic series in the drop-down menu upon submission. In addition, indicate within your cover letter that you wish your manuscript to be considered as part of the thematic series. All submissions will undergo rigorous peer review and accepted articles will be published within the journal as a collection.
Submissions will also benefit from the usual advantages of open access publication:
- Rapid publication: Online submission, electronic peer review and production make the process of publishing your article simple and efficient.
- High visibility and international readership in your field: Open access publication ensures high visibility and maximum exposure for your work - anyone with online access can read your article
- No space constraints: Publishing online means unlimited space for figures, extensive data and video footage
- Authors retain copyright, licensing the article under a Creative Commons license: articles can be freely redistributed and reused as long as the article is correctly attributed.