This article collection focuses on advancing knowledge on how apparel is made and will be made including new technologies, advances in sizing and fit, and virtual prototyping. It includes digital product development and manufacturing that uses integrated, computer-based systems to create product and manufacturing processes simultaneously and may use simulation, 3D visualization, analytics, and collaboration tools.
Articles published in this collection serve as a useful tool for manufacturers, designers, product developers, and researchers who want to be leading change that addresses respect for our human and environmental resources. They relate to any aspect of these topics in fashion or wearable products including the development and application of new technologies and practices.
Suggested topics include, but are not limited to
- Advances and applications of digital manufacturing
- Advances and applications of measuring the body
- New approaches to sizing and fit
- Change or accommodation to procedure/practice due to limited resources
- Strategies to address environmental impact of apparel production
- Resources and Training for Domestic Production
- Production Processes
- Manufacturing Smart clothing
- Virtual prototypes
- Digital Product Development
Elizabeth Bye, University of Minnesota, USA
31 August 2019
Submission instructions (APCs will be sponsored)
The APC for articles accepted for publication in this collection will be sponsored by the Society. Before you start the submission of your article, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to receive further instructions and a submission code for APC coverage of your article.
Before submitting your manuscript, please ensure you have carefully read the submission guidelines for Fashion and Textiles. The complete manuscript should be submitted through the Fashion and Textiles submission system. To ensure that you submit to the correct thematic series please select the appropriate thematic series in the drop-down menu upon submission. In addition, indicate within your cover letter that you wish your manuscript to be considered as part of the thematic series on New Approaches to Apparel Making in the 21st Century. All submissions will undergo rigorous peer review and accepted articles will be published within the journal as a collection.
Submissions will also benefit from the usual advantages of open access publication:
- Rapid publication: Online submission, electronic peer review and production make the process of publishing your article simple and efficient.
- High visibility and international readership in your field: Open access publication ensures high visibility and maximum exposure for your work - anyone with online access can read your article
- No space constraints: Publishing online means unlimited space for figures, extensive data and video footage
- Authors retain copyright, licensing the article under a Creative Commons license: articles can be freely redistributed and reused as long as the article is correctly attributed.
Sign up to article alerts to keep updated on articles published in Fashion and Textiles - including articles published in this thematic series!