Fashion and Textiles, a peer-reviewed open access journal invites you to submit to a special article collection on the topic of advanced apparel production, sizing and fit, and prototyping for wearable products edited by Dr. Elizabeth Bye.
This special article collection will focus on advancing knowledge on how apparel is made and will be made including new technologies, advances in sizing and fit, and virtual prototyping. This includes digital product development and manufacturing that uses integrated, computer-based systems to create product and manufacturing processes simultaneously and may use simulation, 3D visualization, analytics, and collaboration tools.
This special article collection will be a useful tool for manufacturers, designers, product developers, and researchers who want to be leading change that addresses respect for our human and environmental resources. Articles submitted to the special collection can relate to any aspect of these topics in fashion or wearable products including the development and application of new technologies and practices.
The main topics include, but are not limited to:
- Advances and applications of digital manufacturing
- Advances and applications of measuring the body
- New approaches to sizing and fit
- Change or accommodation to procedure/practice due to limited resources
- Strategies to address environmental impact of apparel production
- Resources and Training for Domestic Production
- Production Processes
- Manufacturing Smart clothing
- Virtual prototypes
- Digital Product Development
For further information and submission instructions visit the journal website (https://fashionandtextiles.springeropen.com/) or contact Elizabeth Bye (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Dr. Elizabeth Bye, College of Design at the University of Minnesota